- Open disciplines in Singles, Pairs & Fours as well as an Over-60s Pairs discipline as an alternative to Open Pairs;
- Up to 15 host venues with some of the best greens in the world, including the host clubs for the 2018 Commonwealth Games and 2020 World Championships;
- $250,000 in total prize money, now paid to just under 800 prize money places (!!!);
- A guarantee of at least 8 matches sectional if entered in three open disciplines;
- A “Player of the Tournament” crown to reward the best and most consistent individual player across all open disciplines;
- Opportunity to catch up with old friends and meet new ones;
- The introduction of Official Australian Open Support Events;
- Take part in the festival atmosphere that is the World’s Biggest Bowls Festival, with live panel shows and the famous Mega Bowl competitions!