- “Nothing was ever good enough for Robyn,” one woman tells me. “She was always criticising people’s work, and putting other people down.”
- “Some of the men don’t cope with that very well,” Nev tells me. “They don’t like having to answer to a woman.”
- “I admire her for taking them on,” he says. “She’s got more balls than me.”
- Both sides agree that the whole affair is absurd, highly destructive and titanically petty
- The Supreme Court judgement was clear and concise….Costs were awarded: the club had to pay the Perrens’ legal fees of $36,721
- It’s (bowls) so languid, so peaceful. I didn’t understand bowls before. I never really got it. Now I look across the greens, at all those happy faces, and think: What a lovely way to spend the day.