- The youths invaded the bowling green in Teignmouth, Devon armed with stones and chairs before singling out one of the elderly players who was reportedly then punched in the face
- ‘They came at him with stones and one of them even picked up a metal chair as they raced towards him. ‘He was hit in the face just because we wanted to enjoy our game
- ‘She took one of the lads down – and he wasn’t going anywhere after that. Another off-duty policeman went to fetch some cuffs.’
It is indeed hard to imagine such a thing ever happening. Read this Daily Mail story about seniors being attacked by teens on the green.
- THREE bowls players are suing “dictator” club bosses over claims they are not allowed to play as often as men
- Jan, 72, a retired international project coordinator, said: “It’s like something from the Dark Ages. The trio are suing the club under the Equality Act
- The row comes two weeks after the English Bowling Federation was accused of sexism over new rules allowing men to play in shorts but not women
The Sun has a full account at this link.