- The Hillsboro Bowls Club, founded in 1925, is on the market, with management hoping to sell the section for $6 million to $8m.
- The 7975sqm site, about the size of a rugby field, is located about half way between the CBD and Auckland International Airport, at 16 Hillsborough Rd.
- The existing clubhouse of 661sqm is included in the sale along with smaller outer buildings
- An underground carpark, upgraded clubroom and state-of-the-art indoor green were being investigated.
You can read this Bowls New Zealand story at this link.
- Chesterfield Bowling Club in Derbyshire is believed to date back to 1294.
- But a former member said the club was losing money because of its ageing and dwindling membership, and warned it would close without female members.
- He said the members were “traditionalists” rather than being “sexist”.
- “Some were frightened to death that I wanted to introduce ladies.
The BBC has this story of bowls sexism here.
BCB needs your help. They are seeking people to fill board positions. You can read the Bowls Canada news release here.